Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is the translation page for the Kiwix Brochre.
- TU WIKIPEDIA SIN CONEXIÓN
- DESCARGA KIWIX SIN COSTO Y ALMACENA TODO WIKIPEDIA
- WIKIPEDIA VA SIN CONEXIÓN
- El conocimiento es libertad y Kiwix es conocimiento. Con Kiwix tienes Wikipedia sin usar internet. Sin costo y sin importar quién seas o dónde estés: en un bote, en medio de la nada o en la cárcel. Con Kiwix obtienes acceso sin conexión a casi todo lo que quieras saber.
- But Kiwix offers even more. It is also suitable for all HTML content and supports the ZIM format, a highly compressed open format with additional meta-data. Kiwix also gives you the freedom to copy, modify and distribute the data.
- JUST A DOWNLOAD AWAY
- You may ask yourself: How on earth does it work? No worries, it’s not rocket science. You simply download Kiwix for free and store the whole Wikipedia on your computer, USB flash drive or DVD.
- Kiwix is mostly installed in schools, universities and libraries which cannot afford broadband internet access. It’s so much faster than the internet and can also be used by many institutions to save bandwidth and readers’ time. But many people use Kiwix for their own personal purpose. That’s the case, for example, for persons suffering from censorship or prisoners.
- FEATURES TO KNOW
- Kiwix provides a range of opportunities; we would probably have to write a book to mention all of them. So here’s a short list with the most important features you have to know:
- Kiwix is a portable application you don’t need to install.
- Kiwix supports a wide range of systems and architectures.
- Kiwix works like your web browser.
- Kiwix is translated into your native language.
- Kiwix own library allows you to gather content at first sight.
- SEARCH ENGINE
- Kiwix has got a title suggestion system.
- Kiwix helps you to quickly get the information you need.
- WEB SERVER
- Kiwix allows you to share content on your LAN with kiwix-serve, the Kiwix HTTP server.
- Kiwix uses open formats and protocols.
- Kiwix produces open-source software.
- FEEDBACK FROM KIWIX USERS
- ”Very important and helpful source of information!”
- User from Bahrain
- “Thank you for your help! Now my school can use Wikipedia offline.”
- User from Mexico
- “I like to browse my favourite encyclopaedia even when there is no network.”
- User from Yemen
- “I have no internet in my house. Kiwix is such a help, because I need Wikipedia for my study.”
- User from Cuba
- DO YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE?
- There are many ways to participate and to work with us in order to develop the Kiwix project. The following list features many topics where help would really be appreciated.
- The Kiwix user interface is translated into more than 100 languages. We still have some work to do.
- Kiwix has a broad community – we need to care for it! It’s essential to maintain good communication internally and with our users; both should be able to quickly get the information and the help they need.
- We have a lot of ideas and we try to implement the best ones. Supported by the Wikimedia Foundation, Wikimedia national chapters and a few other organisations, Kiwix is able to set up ambitious projects.
- Kiwix software development is assured by a really small team of developers. To continue the development of Kiwix, new talented developers are welcome. Mentored by an experienced team, they may work on new features or help to maintain the existing solution.
- GET IN TOUCH
- Kiwix is supported by Wikimedia CH, Wikimédia France, Wikimedia Italia and the Wikimedia Foundation.