Difference between revisions of "FAQ/de"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Updating to match new version of source page)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Kiwix PPC Macs?.
ZIM ?ZIM , ZIM .
ZIM ?Wikipedia [http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Book ]. , . [https://openzim.org/Build_your_ZIM_file ] .
Revision as of 09:22, 23 February 2013
- Why is Kiwix not available for PPC Macs?
- We do not have a PPC architectured Mac and this architecture is outdated.
- Where can I find new content?
- Kiwix uses the ZIM format. We release our own ZIM files which are available to download in the Kiwix library (in the software). You can also use the Book creator on Wikipedia to generate your own ZIM files.
- Is it possible to update a ZIM file?
- It is not possible to update a ZIM file itself, but you may download a new ZIM file with updated versions of the contents.
- How can I build by myself a ZIM file?
- To export articles from Wikipedia please go to this page. For any other use case, this is unfortunately still too complicated. Please read this page if you want to have a few information.
- How may I optimize the search engine index?
- Launch the script "./kiwix-compact" (only available on GNU/Linux) and this should reduce disk use by almost 50%
- How to install a pre-indexed ZIM file on Mac OSX?
- Move or copy the "data" directory in "/Applications/Kiwix.app/Contents/". You will probably need to go to the Kiwix "library" to load the ZIM content.
- Is there a user forum where kiwix users can exchange experiences and help each other?
- Yes, it is located at https://forum.kiwix.org