Häufig gestellte Fragen
Revision as of 12:23, 23 February 2013 by Azafata (Created page with "Warum gibt es Kiwix nicht für PPC-Macs?")
- Warum gibt es Kiwix nicht für PPC-Macs?
- We do not have a PPC architectured Mac and this architecture is outdated.
- Where can I find new content?
- Kiwix uses the ZIM format. We release our own ZIM files which are available to download in the Kiwix library (in the software). You can also use the Book creator on Wikipedia to generate your own ZIM files.
- Is it possible to update a ZIM file?
- It is not possible to update a ZIM file itself, but you may download a new ZIM file with updated versions of the contents.
- How can I build by myself a ZIM file?
- To export articles from Wikipedia please go to this page. For any other use case, this is unfortunately still too complicated. Please read this page if you want to have a few information.
- How may I optimize the search engine index?
- Launch the script "./kiwix-compact" (only available on GNU/Linux) and this should reduce disk use by almost 50%
- How to install a pre-indexed ZIM file on Mac OSX?
- Move or copy the "data" directory in "/Applications/Kiwix.app/Contents/". You will probably need to go to the Kiwix "library" to load the ZIM content.
- Is there a user forum where kiwix users can exchange experiences and help each other?
- Yes, it is located at https://forum.kiwix.org
- I have downloaded a ZIP file (pre-indexed ZIM file) but I can't unpack it, the file seems to be corruped. What should I do?
- Use a unpacking software which supports the ZIP64 format (ZIP format for big files), like for example 7-zip. If this still fails, then your file was corrupted during the transfer, please restart the download using Bittorrent, then it will work.