Revision as of 19:19, 9 March 2013 by VikipediBilgini (Created page with "Bir ZIM dosyasının kendi kendini güncellemesi mümkün değildir; ama içeriklerin güncellenmiş versiyonunu bulunduran yeni bir ZIM dosyası indirebilirsiniz.")
- Why is Kiwix not available for PPC Macs?
- We do not have a PPC architectured Mac and this architecture is outdated.
- Where can I find new content?
- Kiwix uses the ZIM format. We release our own ZIM files which are available for download in the Kiwix library (in the software). You can also use the Book creator on Wikipedia to generate your own ZIM files.
- Bir ZIM dosyasını güncellemek mümkün müdür?
- Bir ZIM dosyasının kendi kendini güncellemesi mümkün değildir; ama içeriklerin güncellenmiş versiyonunu bulunduran yeni bir ZIM dosyası indirebilirsiniz.
- How can I build a ZIM file by myself?
- To export articles from Wikipedia, please go to this page. For any other use case, this is unfortunately still too complicated. Please read this page if you want to have some information.
- How may I optimize the search engine index?
- Launch the script "./kiwix-compact" (only available on GNU/Linux) and this should reduce disk use by almost 50%
- How to install a pre-indexed ZIM file on Mac OSX?
- Move or copy the "data" directory in "/Applications/Kiwix.app/Contents/". You will probably need to go to the Kiwix "library" to load the ZIM content.
- Is there a user forum where kiwix users can exchange experiences and help each other?
- Yes, it is located at https://forum.kiwix.org
- I have downloaded a ZIP file (pre-indexed ZIM file) but I can't unpack it, the file seems to be corrupted. What should I do?
- Use an unpacking software which supports the ZIP64 format (ZIP format for big files), like for example 7-zip. If this still fails, then your file was corrupted during the transfer, please restart the download using Bittorrent, then it will work.
- I can't copy Kiwix on my USB flash drive because the index file is too big.
- USB flash drives are often formated using the FAT32 filesystem which can't store files bigger than 4GB. We recommend to use NTFS which can deal with big files and is broadly supported.