Hackathon Fall 2021
This page summarizes the action plan for the Kiwix Hackathon Fall 2021.
- POC Docker common base OLIP/OFFSPOT Renaud/Florian
- Use emscripten to compile and try to use libzim & kiwix-lib : Mossroy/Geoffrey/Matthieu
- Setup infrastructure for i18n of kiwix-js : Geoffrey/Mossroy
- Backport most of the UI of kiwix-js-windows : Geoffrey/Mossroy
- Switch the default mode to ServiceWorker : Mossroy/Geoffrey
- Discuss a method to read remotely an index (in JS), hard problem of #659 : Kelson/...
- Agreed on multi-steps roadmap to build OLIP and Offspot images from a single toolchain that will ultimately be operated by the Cardshop and/or OLIP Marketplace.
- Agreed on development distribution and schedule (debuts in April 2022)
- Created repositories for base-image and image-creator
~ 5 developers meet during a week to make this steps forward.
The hackathon will take place in Lyon, France in a house located in the Saint-Jean District. Address: 2 Montée du Gourguillon. Metro: Vieux Lyon (there's another entrance further up at 35 Montée du chemin neuf, metro Minimes).
DO NOT FORGET TO BRING AN EXTENSION CORD (and an adaptor if you are not joining for mainland Europe).
- October 24th (Sunday) afternoon: arrivals (suggested arrival time 5PM)
- October 24th -> October 31th: Kiwix hackathon
- October 31th (Sunday) afternoon: departures (suggested departure time 3PM)
- Florian (3 days onsite, the rest remotely)
- Located in Lyon
- Hosting: 2'031.35 CHF