Difference between revisions of "Hackathon Google Zurich 2018"
(Add Kiwix Android to goals)
|Line 32:||Line 32:|
== Costs ==
== Costs ==
Revision as of 16:58, 8 May 2018
This page summarizes the action plan for the Kiwix Google Zürich Hackathon 2018.
- Stabilize and optimize the ServiceWorker mode, to try to make it the default mode (on platforms that support it). This mode should be much more sustainable in the long term.
- Improve performance by using WebAssembly (on platforms that support it) for the bzip2 decompression. Preliminary tests let us hope around 30% performance improvement.
- Investigate on compiling the libzim to WebAssembly. If it's technically possible, it would allow to benefit from all the features and optimizations of this library, without the need of re-implementing them. If the people from Google know this technology, it might be a topic where they would be helpful.
~ 8 developers meet during a week to make a few steps forward.
The hackathon will take place in Zürich, Switzerland, for 3 days @Google offices.
- September 16th afternoon: arrivals (suggested arrival time 5PM)
- September 17th -> 23th: Kiwix hackathon (17th -> 19th @Google)
- September 23th afternoon: departures (suggested departure time 3PM)
- Accommodation: ~4500 CHF
- Travels: ~700 CHF (local)
- F&B: ~ 2500 CHF