Kiwix allows you to enjoy a lot of different web content offline and without any access to internet. It's a software especially intended to make Wikipedia available without internet, but it is potentially suitable for all HTML content.
Kiwix is a Free Software licensed under the GPL3 which means you can freely distribute and share it with other people.
Here are answers to some common questions about Kiwix:
- Why is Kiwix not available for PPC Macs?
- Where can I find new content?
- Is it possible to update a ZIM file?
- How can I build a ZIM file by myself?
- And more questions ...
The Library is a place that you can organize your .ZIM files and see the details about them. You can load a specific .ZIM file or remove that from your library and also you can search for new available .ZIM files and then download them just by a click.
You will need the Library if you want to switch between your installed .ZIM file files. For instance, if you are using the English Wikipedia ZIM content and want to read an article of French Wikipedia, you should load the latter ZIM file from your Library.
Kiwix is a user-friendly and easy-to-use software. It works like the ordinary web-browsers and has the same abilities they have.
You can navigate the pages, change the appearance of the program to the one you wish to have, save or print the pages, copy-paste them, search through the pages or find a phrase in the text of a page and many other functions and abilities.
- Leave us a feedback or an idea
- Report a bug or request a feature
- Email: contact (at) kiwix.org
- Jabber: kelson (at) kiwix.org
- IRC: #kiwix on irc.freenode.net join or use the web interface