Difference between revisions of "Live CD"
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
| This project is
| This project is rebooted, to follow the new updates have a look at the GitHub repository [https://github.com/CristianCantoro/kiwix-live kiwix-live]
Revision as of 19:57, 25 August 2014
|This project is being rebooted, to follow the new updates have a look at the GitHub repository kiwix-live|
The aim of this project is to create a Live CD of Kiwix which is a live CD of Ubuntu with Kiwix on it. You simply have to boot on the CD/DVD/USB and login (kiwix/kiwix) an you will be able to use kiwix.
Here is an improvments list concerning this idea:
- find a better graphics for desktop background (if you will)
- find a better graphics for login background (at least add the info about default username and password)
- new splash screen (more complicated) ?
- add a readme file on the desktop
- maybe make a window with the README pop up at login.
- change the splash screen
- Document the live CD creation process
- Be able to do the same but with a scriptable solution
- Remove the login windows
- Include a pre-indexed content
- Remove all the unnecessary stuff/binaries from the CD (please list here: Live CD/Binaries to remove)
- Launch automatically Kiwix in fullscreen at the start