- 1 Tasks
- 2 Video
- 3 See also
ZIM Autobuild (assigned)
Deaddrops & Geocaching (Assigned)
We need a solution to test automatically Kiwix. We have currently nothing... so we start from scratch.!
Create a publication platform, a Web site online similar to itunes which would provide the list of available contents to download in ZIM, EPUB, .... also offer to see the book before downloading it.
- Wants to know more...
- Add support of EPUB in Kiwix
Make a proof of concept of a ZIM file providing a map using OSM data and a tool like openLayer.
Improve P2P support
- Fix Mirrorbrain to integrate torrent links in mirrorbrain
- Fix Mirrorbrain to support fallback torrent trackers in .torrent files
- Add a way to exchange library and content on a local network (for example, using "bonjour" & Bittorrent DHT)
Linux Packaging project (assigned)
Create an ambassador program. Ambassadors would be special people especially aware about Kiwix and able to help others:
- Spread contents
- Makes conferences
- Makes advertisement
- Local representative
To do that, we should develop a set of tools:
- Advertisement Package
- Ambassador program definition
- Map base on Ushahidi to locate them
Perhaps a nice kit would help. You know, like for organizing Linux installation parties or Mozilla's event kits etc., that encourages people, and provides step-by-step guidance and advice, to go and install Kiwix with a relevant offline Wikipedia file in their local no-Internet (or restricted/expensive Internet) school, college, community center, etc.
Would anyone be interested in working on that? WMF can contribute funding for some materials -- a Kiwix quick-start guide or cheatsheet, stickers, T-shirts.  http://ladypine.org/installfest.html, http://www.wikihow.com/Arrange-Linux-Install-Party  https://wiki.mozilla.org/Webmaker/Teach/WebmakingResources
It would be great to have a video (screencast) presenting the software with its most important feature.
Here is a proposition:
- Presentation slide of the video with slide and authors
- Presentation of the context (Online Wikipedia put offline of a DVD)
- Presentation of the principle of Kiwix and ZIM
- Starting Kiwix
- Open file
- Indexing file
- special features: fullscreen, switch language, font bigger/smaller, random page, etc.
- Finish (present the ZIM availables and how to download them)