Tell us your story
How has offline Wikipedia affected you? The Wikimedia Foundation (the non-profit that supports Wikipedia) is looking for personal, diverse and inspiring stories about how offline Wikipedia affects the world. If you have a personal story that you would like to share, please contact:
. Thank you!
← Older edit
Newer edit →
Hackathon Wikimania 2016
1,139 bytes added
4 years ago
== Impact ==
* Find synergies between integrators to avoid duplicate works
* Increase collaboration and understanding between Kiwix team and integrators
* Improve kiwix-serve, Kiwix solution uses by all integrators
* Publish first version of "ZIMit", an agnostic Web2ZIM scrapper allowing to create easily a ZIM for from any web site
* Publish new version of the Gutenberg scrapper and publish new versions of the Gutenberg ZIM files (last version is from 2014)
* Publish first version of sotoki, a [https://stackexchange.com/sites# StackExchange network] (most famous IT forums in the world) and publish ZIM files from the most famous site: stackoverflow , stackexchange, askubuntu, serverfault, superuser.
* Bring back ZIM export feature to Wikimedia web site (ZIM support in OCG), so everybody can click and create a custom ZIM file directly from Wikimedia web sites and per extension from any Mediawiki instance
* Improve MWoffliner to avoid duplicate code with OCG
* Add OPDS support to Kiwix infrastructure to allow our solution to scale and deal with >10.000 ZIM files
* Fix a few bugs with the TED scrapper and generate a new set of TED videos
== Method ==
Upload Wizard campaign editors
Retrieved from "
Official Web Site
Whole download repository