< FAQ | en
Revision as of 08:59, 23 February 2013 by FuzzyBot (Updating to match new version of source page)
- Why is Kiwix not available for PPC Macs?
- We do not have a PPC architectured Mac and this architecture is outdated.
- Is there a version for Windows?
- Yes, cf. the green download button on the left.
- Where can I find new content?
- Kiwix uses the ZIM format. We release our own ZIM files on the Welcome page. You can also use the Book creator on Wikipedia to generate your own ZIM files.
- Is it possible to update a ZIM file?
- It is not possible to update a ZIM file itself, but you may download a new ZIM file with updated versions of the contents.
- How can I build by myself a ZIM file?
- To export articles from Wikipedia please go to this page. For any other use case, this is unfortunately still too complicated. Please read this page for more technical informations.
- How may I optimize the search engine index?
- Just run the script "./kiwix-compact" (or run the "kiwix-compact" command if installed from Ubuntu-PPA) and it will do the job automatically for you (should reduce disk use by almost 50%)
- How to install a pre-indexed ZIM file on Mac OSX?
- Move or copy the "data" directory in "/Applications/Kiwix.app/Contents/". You will probably need to go to the Kiwix "library" to load the ZIM content.
- Is there a user forum where kiwix users can exchange experiences and help each other?
- Yes, it is located at https://sourceforge.net/p/kiwix/discussion/?source=navbar
- More questions ?
- Have a look to the forum.