Difference between revisions of "Hackathon Fall 2021"
|(13 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)|
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
== Achievements ==
== Achievements ==
== Impact ==
== Impact ==
Latest revision as of 16:27, 1 November 2021
This page summarizes the action plan for the Kiwix Hackathon Fall 2021.
- POC Docker common base OLIP/OFFSPOT Renaud/Florian
- Use emscripten to compile and try to use libzim & kiwix-lib : Mossroy/Geoffrey/Matthieu
- Setup infrastructure for i18n of kiwix-js : Geoffrey/Mossroy
- Backport most of the UI of kiwix-js-windows : Geoffrey/Mossroy
- Switch the default mode to ServiceWorker : Mossroy/Geoffrey
- Discuss a method to read remotely an index (in JS), hard problem of #659 : Kelson/...
- Agreed on multi-steps roadmap to build OLIP and Offspot images from a single toolchain that will ultimately be operated by the Cardshop and/or OLIP Marketplace.
- Agreed on development distribution and schedule (debuts in April 2022)
- Created repositories for base-image and image-creator
- New Zimfarm Drive and move files needed by recipes in it.
- Latest libzim can now be compiled easily and properly with emscripten. It's ready to be integrated in kiwix-build.
- An incomplete integration of this libzim in kiwix-js is available in a PR, and makes use of libzim to read most content. It works well, but is currently slower
- A PR is ready to implement the workaround to use ServiceWorker mode in Firefox extensions, which is a pre-requisite to switch to ServiceWorker mode by default. The PR has still to be polished a bit.
- A decision has been made on how to handle external links in ServiceWorker mode (which was also a pre-requisite to switch to ServiceWorker mode by default)
- Released v7 of docker-publish-action with webhook support (to trigger auto-deploy on Sloppy)
- Agreement on Hints and impact on suggestion/ft indexes, see openzim/libzim #642
- Analysed and close a ticket (is invalid) reported by IIAB
- First experimentation with Windows Subsystem for Linux (Ubuntu). It does not seem to work out of the box because of some kind of conflict around node-gyp.
- Finish to define M0 and M1
- Progresses on completing M0
- Preparatory work around release of 3.4.7 (migration to Maven, support of SD card in Android11, recruitement)
- Make preparatory work to outphase our custom library XML format, see https://github.com/kiwix/overview/issues/59.
~ 5 developers meet during a week to make this steps forward.
The hackathon will take place in Lyon, France in a house located in the Saint-Jean District. Address: 2 Montée du Gourguillon. Metro: Vieux Lyon (there's another entrance further up at 35 Montée du chemin neuf, metro Minimes).
DO NOT FORGET TO BRING AN EXTENSION CORD (and an adaptor if you are not joining for mainland Europe).
- October 24th (Sunday) afternoon: arrivals (suggested arrival time 5PM)
- October 24th -> October 31th: Kiwix hackathon
- October 31th (Sunday) afternoon: departures (suggested departure time 3PM)
- Florian (3 days onsite, the rest remotely)
- Located in Lyon
- Hosting: 2'031.35 CHF