Kiwix will be present at Wikimania 2013 in Hong Kong. A few developers will be there and will try to work and advertise the project.
- 2-12 August
From the 2 to 7, developers will run a small hackathon and be present at the Wikimedia two tech. days. Goal is to release Kiwix 0.9rc3 at the end of the hackathon. The following things should be done:
Fix Buildbot and virtual machines for compilation.
- Move Windows DVD launcher and installer to the "other" git repository
Rewrite/improve (make modular) the paths to search for library XML in the Kiwix library module Makes the storage in the profile compatibles with the portable version (data/[content/index/library]) Make the library working in both relative/absolute paths at the same time
- Migrate pugixml/libzim/ctpp2 outside the kiwix source code (dependencies)
Better loading approach (ask for indexing) by clicking on the "load" library button Make a portable version of Kiwix for OSX
- Run the integrity check in a separate thread
Fix the crash on OSX and Windows with vietnamese articles Make Data directory cutomizable Fix Tabs with RTL UI
- Migrate to XR20, in particular for OSX and Sugar
- Fix the retina bug on OSX
Kiwix will have a permanent booth during Wikimania with:
- Demonstration XO
- Demonstration Table with Kiwix for Android
- Kiwix-plug demonstration
- Panneau présentation vertial
- Dossier de présentation
- Read-only USB disks
We have propose two presentations.
- kbox to provide matching table of boxes/builds
- automatic start/stop of VMs before/after the builds for saving server resources
- better cleanup of nightly folder (especially when we shut down buildbot for days)