Revision as of 10:56, 29 April 2013 by Wilfredor (Created page with "Las unidades flash USB se suelen formatear usando el sistema de archivos FAT32 que no pueden almacenar archivos más grandes de 4GB. Se recomienda utilizar NTFS que puede hace...")
- Why is Kiwix not available for PPC Macs?
- We do not have a PPC architectured Mac and this architecture is outdated.
- Where can I find new content?
- Kiwix uses the ZIM format. We release our own ZIM files which are available for download in the Kiwix library (in the software). You can also use the Book creator on Wikipedia to generate your own ZIM files.
- Is it possible to update a ZIM file?
- It is not possible to update a ZIM file itself, but you may download a new ZIM file with updated versions of the contents.
- How can I build a ZIM file by myself?
- To export articles from Wikipedia, please go to this page. For any other use case, this is unfortunately still too complicated. Please read this page if you want to have some information.
- How may I optimize the search engine index?
- Launch the script "./kiwix-compact" (only available on GNU/Linux) and this should reduce disk use by almost 50%
- How to install a pre-indexed ZIM file on Mac OSX?
- Move or copy the "data" directory in "/Applications/Kiwix.app/Contents/". You will probably need to go to the Kiwix "library" to load the ZIM content.
- Is there a user forum where kiwix users can exchange experiences and help each other?
- Yes, it is located at https://forum.kiwix.org
- I have downloaded a ZIP file (pre-indexed ZIM file) but I can't unpack it, the file seems to be corrupted. What should I do?
- Use an unpacking software which supports the ZIP64 format (ZIP format for big files), like for example 7-zip. If this still fails, then your file was corrupted during the transfer, please restart the download using Bittorrent, then it will work.
- I can't copy Kiwix on my USB flash drive because the index file is too big.
- Las unidades flash USB se suelen formatear usando el sistema de archivos FAT32 que no pueden almacenar archivos más grandes de 4GB. Se recomienda utilizar NTFS que puede hacer frente a grandes archivos y es soportado en términos generales.
- How can I launch Kiwix with a specific article?
- You need to launch Kiwix from the command line using the -articleByUrl option. For example:
kiwix.exe -articleByUrl "zim://A/foo.html" bar.zim
- My ZIM file is too big, what should I do?
- Kiwix is able to deal with 2GB splitted ZIM files. The splitted ZIM files must be named xxx.zimaa, xxx.zimab, xxx.zimac, etc. To split a ZIM file you may use:
- On Microsoft Windows: FSJ-Lite,
- On Apple Mac OSX: Split&Concat
- On GNU/Linux and with the console: split --bytes=2000M my_big_file.zim