پاسخ پرسشهای رایج
Revision as of 05:36, 4 March 2013 by Mehran (Created page with "ما دستگاه کامپیوتر جیبی اپل را در اختیار نداریم و این دستگاه دیگر منقرض شدهاست.")
- چرا نسخهای از کیویکس برای کامپیوترهای جیبی اپل وجود ندارد؟
- ما دستگاه کامپیوتر جیبی اپل را در اختیار نداریم و این دستگاه دیگر منقرض شدهاست.
- Where can I find new content?
- Kiwix uses the ZIM format. We release our own ZIM files which are available for download in the Kiwix library (in the software). You can also use the Book creator on Wikipedia to generate your own ZIM files.
- Is it possible to update a ZIM file?
- It is not possible to update a ZIM file itself, but you may download a new ZIM file with updated versions of the contents.
- How can I build a ZIM file by myself?
- To export articles from Wikipedia, please go to this page. For any other use case, this is unfortunately still too complicated. Please read this page if you want to have some information.
- How may I optimize the search engine index?
- Launch the script "./kiwix-compact" (only available on GNU/Linux) and this should reduce disk use by almost 50%
- How to install a pre-indexed ZIM file on Mac OSX?
- Move or copy the "data" directory in "/Applications/Kiwix.app/Contents/". You will probably need to go to the Kiwix "library" to load the ZIM content.
- Is there a user forum where kiwix users can exchange experiences and help each other?
- Yes, it is located at https://forum.kiwix.org
- I have downloaded a ZIP file (pre-indexed ZIM file) but I can't unpack it, the file seems to be corrupted. What should I do?
- Use an unpacking software which supports the ZIP64 format (ZIP format for big files), like for example 7-zip. If this still fails, then your file was corrupted during the transfer, please restart the download using Bittorrent, then it will work.
- I can't copy Kiwix on my USB flash drive because the index file is too big.
- USB flash drives are often formated using the FAT32 filesystem which can't store files bigger than 4GB. We recommend to use NTFS which can deal with big files and is broadly supported.