Wikivoyage is a Wikimedia project which has for purpose to create an online worldwide travel guide.
Latest ZIMs: http://download.kiwix.org/zim/wikivoyage/ (choose the file you want: English, French, German; with or without pictures)
Wikivoyage is an interesting use for Kiwix because:
- This is not a huge content (500MB of text, plus optional images), so we don't have to deal with giga bytes of data.
- This is an non-encyclopedic content.
- This is an interesting content for non-connected people.
- This is a perfect content for Kiwix for Android
- Create a dedicated Android app for Wikivoyage providing the best of both Kiwix and Wikivoyage.
- Better advert Wikivoyage on Kiwix web site
- Open map of all POIs in the article using GPS app. A way to do this could be to generate a GPX file using all coordinates in the article (like http://maps.wikivoyage-ev.org/w/gpxmap.php?lang=en does) and launch an intent for it.
- Improve the smartphone friendly dedicated welcome page on Wikivoyage: https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Wikivoyage:Offline_reader_Expedition/Home_page
- Feature to send tips, add POIs (Points Of Interest)
Add geolocal information to each article Create an automated solution to create wikivoyage ZIM files Create a Wikimedia labs instance Setup with mwoffliner.js and zimwriterfs Run it also to get ZIM file without images Rewrite Template:ZIMdumps to allow non-wikipedia content (mostly add a new column)
Convert Wikivoyage hotel coordinates to button that opens in Map+GPS app Create a new "Wikivoyage by Kiwix" Google Play entry Make phone numbers callable ("tel:" URLs)Kelson (talk) 11:29, 3 December 2013 (CET)